The Military Nursing Academy (SAN) was the first academy of female Officers, established in Athens in 1946 and domiciled in the 401 General Army Hospital of Athens in 1957.The duration of studies was initially three years.In 1989, the duration of studies was increased to four years.
In 1992, men were also accepted in the Academy.
In 1993, the Academy was transferred to new premises in the "Saketta A" camp.
Since September 2005, the Academic Education takes part at the Nursing School of the Department of Health Sciences, Ntional and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
Military Nursing Academy has a supervising role on the educational programmes and participate with educators-officers who are specialized on the academic or on clinical education